Wednesday, January 4, 2012



Don’t confuse this skim-milk white skin bag with truth
These ice-blue eyes, like funeral marching toward the pall
And it’s become time to recognize my whitewashed future
Past it’s expiration date…
And Iroquois mother, swaddle the smallpox description
And in my heart, I’m African – I’m on hunger strike during another
Somalia drought…I am Asian, in my rice-patty home sewing and
Manufacturing for the sinful skin-bags that I am confused for

I am discrimination…felt with fever, 106 and rising…I am Isis on my
Way through the river Styx and I know we’ll hold hands again

Mirror glaze and watch your skin turn gray, your eyes, and the palest blue that death could deliver and see you’re hated by the jihadist. I am the burkah that is refused
For photograph while you, you are the new anti-immigration law
Laid out, giving these American Idiots a right to impregnate the second amendment
And abort what it really means…

I am hope in Baghdad, where hope is lost…while you still smell like
Bombs and arsenal that fell from the skies…
You take shape as the destroyed infrastructures that, so far,
Connects nothing but hate to hate while we recognize
And pray for the dead that left

I am revelation while you live in the past
And I know being hated…my skin, may be as milk-white and white washed
As the upper echelon that fed you with its poison
With its intentions and miscalculations…but inside
I am filled with the colors of the rainbow…the red orange yellow green blue violet that
Shines with my pride

I am my own distinction, and can never be lumped with the
Blinding whiteness that witnesses its pain and segmented distortion

So I say, become African, become Asian, become raga know your strength Iroquois mother

And cover yourself with your pride

No comments:

Post a Comment